McLaren Packaging Ltd is a privately owned limited company established in 1979. The company specialises in the design and manufacture of premium and luxury paper-based packaging for the UK Drinks industry.
McLaren Packaging aims to become a trusted partner for the supply of high quality, high service paperbased packaging. To achieve its goal, the Company has developed this policy to verify its commitment to deliver products that meet environmental, safety and legislative requirements, while meeting customer quality expectations. This policy shall be reviewed on, at least, an annual basis to ensure continued suitability and relevance applies to all operations over which the Company has control.
Our Commitment is to:
- Continue to improve our environmental performance and to integrate best practise management into our operations within the ISO14001:2015 standard.
- Reduce our Carbon Footprint to lessen our impact on the environment and improve our operational efficiency.
- Aim to be Net Zero for our Scope 1 & 2 emissions and achieve a 25% reduction on our 2018 Scope 3 emissions by 2025.
- Incorporate Design for Sustainability principles and Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) into our packaging design process.
- Correctly manage waste incorporating reduction and re-cycling processes in accordance with the principles of the waste hierarchy.
- Ensure that our operations are designed and managed to prevent/minimise pollution.
- To consider environmental issues such as biodiversity and energy performance in the acquisition, design, refurbishment, disposal as well as operational use of buildings, land and machinery.
To meet our Commitment, we will:
- Monitor and continue to develop relevant key targets and objectives on at least an annual basis.
- Continue to communicate the importance of environmental issues to staff utilising our “Green Ambassador” programme in addition to our general communications.
- Work together with our people, service partners, suppliers and customers to promote improved environmental performance and sustainability in the supply chain.
- Continue to invest in environmental improvements and training on a progressive basis.
- Monitor external environmental impacts and ensure the Company’s resilience to any potential risks.