UN Race to Net Zero
Sustainability is not an initiative that will be here one day and gone the next. It is fundamental to the way that we approach business now and in the future.
To demonstrate our commitment to preserving the natural environment, we have joined the United Nations' (UN's) Race to Zero campaign by signing up to the SME (Small to Medium sized Enterprise) Climate Commitment and hold ourselves to stringent environmental accreditations and reporting to demonstrate the improvements that we are making.
Sustainable. For Life
What is the SME Climate Commitment?
The SME Climate Commitment is one of the three pillars of the SME Climate Hub and provides businesses - no matter their sector or geography - with the opportunity to make an internationally recognised climate commitment which is aligned with the latest climate science.
- Halve our greenhouse gas emissions before 2030
- Achieve net zero emissions before 2050
- Disclose our progress on a yearly basis
Our progress so far:
Our goal is to deliver a sustainable business that has minimal impact on the environment and a positive impact on the communities that we operate in. We refer to this as being: “Sustainable. For Life”. We’ve developed a clear strategy supported by significant investment and dedicated resources to enable the achievement of our goals in our identified focus areas.
As a result of our Sustainable For Life culture and Net Zero targets, we have:
- installed 375kW of solar panels to produce renewable energy to power our plant and machinery
- established a food waste-to-energy business, CorrBoard Bioenergy, to produce green electricity to power the manufacture of our key raw material, corrugated board
- invested in recycling equipment to allow us to process waste efficiently for reuse within the circular economy for paper-based packaging
- created green ambassador roles across our businesses to raise awareness and embed change
- invested in nature based solutions to remove future emissions