Port Glasgow-based McLaren Packaging Group, a specialist supplier to the Scotch Whisky industry, is donating £14,200, being £50 for each of its 284 employees, in support of the Ukrainian crisis.. The funds will be split across six charities, chosen by its staff.
Donald McLaren, Managing Director, said: “We have a great deal of empathy for the people of Ukraine and are determined to play our part to help those suffering as a result of this tragic war.
“The charitable donations mark the first phase of our planned assistance to do what we can to help alleviate the suffering of Ukrainian people.”
The total donation of £14,200 will be split between Save the Children, UNICEF UK, The British Red Cross, Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF), The Dnipro Appeal Child Sponsorship Scheme and the Scottish Emergency Rescue Association (SERA).
• Save the Children supports children to learn, grow and become who they want to be. https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/
• UNICEF, the United Nations Children’s Fund, works to build a better world for every child, every day, everywhere. https://www.unicef.org.uk/
• For the last 150 years, The British Red Cross has been helping millions of people in the UK and around the world get the support they need when crisis strikes. https://www.redcross.org.uk
• An international, medical humanitarian organisation working in more than 70 countries around the world, Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders MSF’s medical teams act fast to save people’s lives in conflict zones, natural disasters and epidemics. https://msf.org.uk
• Dnipro Kids is a charity working to care for orphans in Dnipro, Ukraine. https://dniprokids.com/
• The Scottish Emergency Rescue Association is a project delivery team delivering fully equipped Fire Engines and Ambulances to countries such as Moldova, Ukraine, Serbia, Romania & Burundi. https://www.sera.scot/
• McLaren Packaging Group is comprised of the following companies:
• McLaren Packaging: https://mclarenpackaging.com/
• Blue Box Design: https://www.blue-box-design.com/
• Interlok Divisions: https://www.interlokdivisions.com/
• Compack Cartons: https://compack.co.uk/
For further information please contact Michael McLaren on 01475 745246
Date: 30 Mar 22